What is the ideal summer cycling outfit?
A summer cycling jersey for a sunbathing lookWhen the thermometer rises, it's time to put on your cycling outfit that exudes summer. Opt for a lightweight swimsuit in bright colors that will make you think of exotic cocktails on the beach. It must fit well to your waist so that it absorbs sweat perfectly. A full zip will allow you to open it further in case of extreme heat. Choose your cycling jersey with a technical fabric, including mesh inserts in the back to better manage humidity. Leave your cotton tops in the closet that trap all the sweat. You can also opt for the sleeveless cycling tank top , which is very useful during hot weather. However, don't forget the sunscreen on the shoulders which will be more exposed than with a short-sleeved cycling jersey.
Summer cycling shorts in a minimalist outfit styleWhen temperatures are higher, choose short cycling shorts with light, breathable fabric. In terms of length, you have the choice between shorts at mid-thigh, cycling shorts at quadriceps height or the very trendy model just above the knee. If you are a fan of bib shorts, choose mesh ones which offer better breathability. Furthermore, your clothing must be technical and include a high-end chamois that wicks away perspiration perfectly. Cycling shorts must be chosen carefully. It must offer you performance and comfort on every outing.
Summer cycling outfit: never neglect accessoriesWe don't always think about it, but certain accessories are essential even in hot weather.
Never without a windbreaker, even if the temperatures are highIt's hot, very hot in summer, but after climbing a pass, your body sweats more and a few meters above sea level the temperatures are lower. Depending on the outings, a windbreaker and a pair of arm warmers may be very useful to you at the top of a pass and during descents.
An essential pair of cycling arm warmers in summerIndeed, a pair of cycling arm warmers can be very useful to you, even in summer. It has the effect of:
- Protect yourself from the sun. Cycling arm warmers can provide additional protection against the sun's rays. If you have sensitive skin or prefer to avoid sunburn on your arms, arm warmers can be helpful in protecting you from UV rays.
- Regulate your temperature. When it's hot, arm warmers can help regulate body temperature by wicking away moisture and providing light protection from the wind. They can also protect you against temperature variations during descents or cooler morning rides.
- Adjust your equipment easily. Cycling arm warmers are generally lightweight and easy to remove and store in a jersey pocket.
- Give style and visibility to your look. In addition to their practical functionality, cycling arm warmers can also add a touch of style to your cycling outfit. Some arm warmers also feature reflective elements to improve your visibility when going out in low light.
Pretty cycling socks to perfect your summer lookNo matter the weather, always opt for cycling socks when you go out. This will help you avoid overheating. To choose the ideal model in summer, here are some tips:
- Breathable fabrics: Opt for socks made from lightweight, breathable materials, such as polyester, nylon or synthetic fiber blends. These materials provide effective moisture wicking and help keep your feet dry, even on hot days.
- Sock height: in summer, you can choose shorter socks, such as ankle socks or socks. This allows for better ventilation around the ankle and helps prevent excessive heat build-up.
- Light Compression: Cycling socks with light compression in the arch and calf can improve blood circulation and reduce muscle fatigue. They can also help keep the foot in place and prevent chafing.
- Flat seams: flat seams or seamless socks reduce the risk of irritation and chafing, providing greater comfort during your outings.
- UV protection: Some cycling socks are made with fabrics with UV protection to help protect your skin from the sun's harmful rays. This can be especially important if you opt for higher height socks.